Chickpea-Beer Battered Brussels Sprouts
Makes about 20
- 1 bag frozen brussels sprouts (about 20)
- 1.5- 2 cups chickpea flour (can be regular flour too)
- 1.5 cups beer
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- dash sea salt, black pepper
- oil for frying or baking
1. Mix together chickpea flour, smoked paprika, sea salt and black pepper. Add beer and stir until combined. You want batter to be pretty thick so add flour until it reaches that consistency.
2. Lightly grease a baking sheet using oil.
3. Dip each brussel sprout into the beer batter, coating thoroughly.
4. If baking: 400F for about 15 minutes, or until the bottom of the dough starts to brown. Flip and bake another 5 minutes, or until the topside browns as well.
5. If frying: fry in hot oil until crispy and brown.Follow soulfirefarm