- Delivery next week is on SATURDAY, September 3. Barring anything unforeseen, the remainder of the deliveries will be on Sundays.
- Please remember to leave your brown/green grocery bags out for us. We are missing quite a few!
- There is still time to get some volunteer hours in. Households that volunteer 5 hours will get an extra delivery in mid October of the fall harvest. It will be a double bag size. The weekends of September 10 and September 17 are options for volunteering. Shoot us an email.
Share Contents this Week
- eggs or sprouts
- collard greens (or lacinto kale)
- white Russian kale
- swiss chard
- cherry tomatoes
- summer squash (yellow crookneck, zucchini, and/or patty pan)
Recipe of the Week – Cucumber Salad with Dill
- 4 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 small white onion or bunch of scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill, or to taste
- Toss together the cucumbers and onion in a large bowl. Combine the vinegar, water and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and pour over the cucumber and onions. Stir in dill, cover, and refrigerate until cold. This can also be eaten at room temperature, but be sure to allow the cucumbers to marinate for at least 1 hour.
News on the Farm
We had some great help on the farm this week and we plug along making new beds for next year’s vegetables. CSA members Raona, Jon, Stacia, Shawn, and baby Maxwell came out to lend a hand are share in some farm fresh lunch. We also had Junauta, a volunteer from Minnesota via NYC and CSA member Alisa. We had a great time shoveling compost and laughing about the complex nature of relationships. Now we are in hurricane preparedness mode. Does anyone know how to securely stake down a chicken coop? We wish you all a safe storm!