- 1 bunch kale, finely shredded
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- quarter cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon miso
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup or other sweetener
- sea salt (enough to very lightly coat kale)
- black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- toasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds
Mix salt and shredded kale in mixing bowl. Massage kale vigorously to created marinated/wilted effect on kale. Set aside. This makes it much tastier and easier to digest, giving it a “cooked” texture.
In blender, add shredded carrot, finely chopped garlic, olive oil, sesame oil, black pepper to taste, and miso. Blend until smooth. Add more olive oil or a touch of water so blends easily. Pour over and mix into kale.
In a hot un-oiled cast iron skillet lightly toast sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Until lightly brown. Do not over toast! Add as topping to kale.