Korean Radish Salad – Musaengchae (or muwoo saengchae, mu saengchae)
hot pepper flakes
green onion, scallion, etc.
- Peel a radish and cut it into thin matchsticks.
- Put 3-3½ cups of radish matchsticks into a large bowl.
- Add 1 tbs kosher salt and mix it by hand. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze out any excess water from the radish strips.
- Add 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 stalk of chopped green onion, 1 tbs vinegar, 2 ts hot pepper flakes, and 2 ts sugar.
- Mix together by hand until well combined.
- Add 1 ts roasted sesame seeds and mix it up a bit more.
Serve with rice.
AND for the more adventurous…
I dont like offering recipes that call for many out of season ingredients, but this sounds too good to pass up. You can probably find the spice mixes at one of the Asian markets in Albany. Please let us know if you try it…Follow soulfirefarm