- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup nuts or seeds (sunflower, almond)
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Combine the herbs, garlic, and nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add 1/2 cup of the oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
If using immediately, add all the remaining oil and pulse until smooth. Transfer the pesto to a large serving bowl.
If freezing, transfer to an air-tight container and drizzle remaining oil over the top. Freeze for up to 3 months.Follow soulfirefarm