- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Combine the flour, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; add to the wet ingredients; stirring until blended. Fold in the shredded zucchini and carrots.
Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar or granulated sugar, if desired. Bake for 20 minutes.